We really need to change the choices for Ethnicity that volunteers can choose when they respond to a "Request Info" activity. I have done this for Employment status by changing the fields in the Administration page (Volunteer Custom Fields).
But when I looked at doing the same for Ethnicity I notice that the options are locked.
First question - why is this? Is it because Ethnicity is a field in the volunteer profile in Do-it? But I did a test and the Do-it Ethnicity is not passed to the VBC Ethnicity field, so I can't see a reason why they must be the same.
We want to reduce this option list because it really is too long with several ambiguous entries (ie people could say they were in more than one category)
I think the solution is as follows...
- Create a new field - eg Ethnic origin (Administration > Volunteer Custom Fields)
- Add options to the new field
- Add the new field into the Volunteer information form (Administration > Volunteer Information Form > Fields)
- Make the old Ethnicity field inactive (Administration > Volunteer Custom Fields)
- Remove the old Ethnicity field from the Volunteer information form (Administration > Volunteer Information Form > Fields)
Can anyone see any problems with this please?
On the Volunteer Information Form Fields all the existing fields have a record attached in brackets in the name (eg Ethnicity (Volunteer)). Is this required for some internal reason?